Subjects covered in our Corporate Workshops include:
- Leadership Skills
- Management Skills
- Emotional Intelligence
- Employee Engagement for Managers
- Coaching skills for Managers
- Labour law training
- Other customised soft skills training
Corporate workshops are usually very useful in the transfer of theoretical knowledge and the sharing of information. However, it does have certain limitations as a stand-alone leadership development framework. The limitations include:
- Limited learning transfer: Unless a company has a learning and development strategy in place to monitor the learning transfer, it is unlikely that a majority of the delegates will autonomously implement the newly acquired knowledge and information. Usually delegates return to their workplaces just to be caught up again in their already full programmes.
- The limitation of our short-term memory: Information that is not embedded is easily lost.
When designing a leadership development framework the purpose and the expected outcome should clearly be defined. If a change in leadership behaviour is the expected outcome, then the corporate workshop should be complemented with more practical exposure. When contracting a Corporate Training Provider ensure that you enquire to what extent the provider can assist to embed the new knowledge, information and skills.